Sunday, February 27, 2011

Jape

RitualJape is the brainchild of Dublin man Richie Egan, who is also the bassist with instrumental group The Redneck Manifesto. Their music could be best described as electronica rock with the emphases being mostly on keyboards and guitar. Jape have released 3 studio albums so far 'Cosmosphere' (2003),  'The Monkeys In The Zoo Have More Fun Than Me', (2004) and their best in my opinion  'Ritual' (2008).
I saw them play live on 2 occasions and I was really impressed with the dance energy they create, surely influenced by bands like New Order but adding their own style of originality.Here is the excellent single ' I Was A Man' from the 'Ritual' album. This was filmed live in Galway in 2009 and gives a good idea of what to expect from them onstage..



The song 'Graveyard' is also on the 'Ritual' album. I just had to post this video, because I think it;s the coolest thing I've seen in a long while. Its filmed in a graveyard of course, maybe it's a first .I would highly recommend this band's live shows, you will be in for a treat..

No comments: