Thursday, February 3, 2011

The White Stripes go their separate ways.....

One of Detroit's greatest rock bands The White Stripes have announced yesterday that they are breaking up. Jack White has several side projects to attend to but his greatest union was with Meg White.. This is a concert stream from 2005 At Merriweather Columbia as they promoted their Get Behind Me Satan album. Its sad to see a great rock group dissolve but such is life.  This is a full  60 minute set and its proof of a band at their best period in my estimation.
Click the link to listen.
http://www.npr.org/2011/02/02/4834385/detroit-rockers-the-white-stripes-in-concert

2 comments:

Åsa Carlsson said...

I am gutted, I love the White Stripes and I was hoping they would come over to Ireland soon and play. But...I guess not.

Unknown said...

Its a shame but Jack White is so versatile, I think he felt his part was done with The White Stripes....