Friday, February 11, 2011

Morgan O Kane

Morgan O kane could once have been Charlottesville Virginia's best kept secret but that could be short lived due to the growing interest in his music, not just in the US.
I want to thank my friend Sherry Walsh (also from Virginia) for telling me about this guy last year.
He has played a couple of gigs in Ireland in the past and I know I will be going to see him the next time he visits.
The traditional bluegrass chords sound fresh and exciting in his banjo playing and his rugged voice carries each song with a fiery Southern energy.
It seems that his only album to date called 'Nine Lives' is not available in the shops yet but can be downloaded from i tunes.
 I particularly like these couple of songs 'Hold Your Fire' and 'Trouble In Mind', they are undoubtedly the most rousing traditional style pieces of music I have heard in a long time.
I just cant wait to hear more from this man...



1 comment:

Shawna said...

Hey Seamus - Morgan O'Kane has a new album PENDULUM that is being released June 5, 2012 in Beneleux on Dollartone/Sonic Rendezvous He will be touring in Europe including the following dates in Ireland:
June 19 - Sin E' Bar, Dublin
June 20 - Sandinos, Derry
June 21 - Roddens Bar, Buncrana
June 22 - The Spirit Store, Dundalk
June 24 - The Sky and the Ground, Wexford Town
June 25 - Crane Lane Theatre, Cork

Morgan O'Kane can be found online at:
http://www.morganokanemusic.com
On Facebook: Morgan Okane Music
on twitter: @morganokane